You may be wondering ” How Can I Lose 50 Pounds in 3 Months” – Losing weight is a process many people have either been through or are currently working on. Weight has always been a sensitive topic, as there is so much stigma about what number the scale lands on. With so many crash diets and untailored flash workouts, so many people have fallen victim to these unhealthy fads, which in the long run only decreases your mental health and motivation.
Shedding unwanted fat should never be about pleasing other people’s standards. It should be a personal decision made on your own for yourself. Whether it is losing weight after having a baby, health reasons, or simply to feel your best, it should not be taken lightly or deemed accessible. It will come with time like all good things, which will absolutely be worth the wait and effort.
Is this a Realistic Goal?
Setting a goal for your weight loss journey is extremely helpful. However, a lot of times, people tend to set unrealistic goals for themselves, resulting in burnout, discouragement, and unhealthy habits such as skipping meals or over-exercising.
Understanding your body type, BMI, and what calorie intake you need will benefit you in reaching your required goal as long as you keep it reachable.
Losing 50 pounds in a period of 3 months does sound like quite the challenge, but with dedication and correct planning, this can be an attainable goal. Doing research or taking it one step further and consulting with a trainer or dietician who possesses ample knowledge on healthy changes and exercise routines can impact your journey immensely. Aiming to lose 50 pounds in three months, you will need to break this big number up as it will be less intimidating. Dissecting this means that you will have monthly installments of 16.67 pounds that need to be lost, making it one further. The weekly number will be 4.17 pounds. Once broken into smaller sections, it will be easier to track your progress. With proper calorie intake and a strategic workout regime, this can be achieved.
What Do I Need to Do To Lose 50 Pounds in 3 Months?
With any process of weight loss, there are very similar aspects that need to be followed almost religiously. To lose this large but achievable amount of weight, there will need to be quite a few changes in diet and activity.
Focusing on healthy eating such as adding protein to every meal as long as vegetables and limited starch as well as carbohydrates. Eating proper proportions frequently will boost your metabolism and kick-start your body’s natural fat-burning agents. Do not forget to calculate how many calories you need to maintain your energy and melt away unwanted fat healthily.
Finding a good cardio-rich workout that does not exceed your limits, causing injury or extreme exhaustion. Providing your body with sustainable nutrients and blood pumping movements is a sure way of losing your goal amount of weight. Sticking to this new routine and not giving up will show the payoff you’re hoping for. A great tip is to write down your intake, achievements, and timeline goals to keep yourself on track as well as hold yourself accountable, some find it helpful to see a plan and progress written on paper is motivational and satisfying.
Understand and Calculate Your Calorie Consumption
There is no lack of calorie intake calculators on the internet, many having different requirements such as only using your age, gender and weight however there is a lot more to it because every single body is different.
Some of these calculators are not too far off. Instead of giving detailed, accurate information, they give rough estimates, which could result in under or over-eating, which can prove to trail you away from your goal. Eating the correct amount of calories for your body type is one of the best things you can do for your overall health. It also makes creating an eating plan and meal prep so much easier to plan.
Do be careful because it is very easy to fall down the counting calories rabbit hole, and many people become obsessed. Lessening their intake, limiting their food consumption, and choosing low-calorie foods only. Make sure you keep your mental state just as healthy as you are trying to do for your body.
The best way to calculate your proper calorie intake that is needed is to first find out your body fat percentage.
- This is done using a tape measure to determine your waist, forearm, wrist, and hip circumference.
- Once you have these measurements, you can now calculate your body fat percentage by finding a body fat index calculator. Make sure to find one that gives the options to put in these four measurements and your current weight.
- It will calculate your fat percentage.
- If you haven’t already, find out your body weight in kilograms. If you use pounds, divide the amount by 2.2 to get your weight in kgs.
- You will multiply this number by 1.0 if you are a male and if you are a female, multiply by 0.9.
- Take this amount and multiple it by 24
- Find a lean factor multiplier online, and using your body fat percentage, you can calculate your lean factor.
- Take the number you previously multiplied by 24 and now multiple it by your lean factor.
- Now this number you get is your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) which is the number of calories you would burn by doing no activity.
- To get a more accurate number of calories you actually burn a day, we need to look at the activity modifier.
- Depending on your average amount of activity, it will be 1.3 very light, 1.55 for light, 1.65 for moderate, 1.80 for heavy, and 2.00 for very heavy. If you are unsure which one you fit into, you can find a table or read further online to discover which category you belong to.
- Now multiply your BMR with the number from the daily activity level multiplier.
- Now because we are focusing on losing weight, it is recommended to eat roughly 400-500 calories less than the total amount you got from your calculations.
Find the Diet That Works for You
Finding a diet through the wide variety that is offered can be extremely daunting. Tons of fad diets mimic healthy ones, so many mistake them for beneficial and sustainable, but in harsh reality, they only cause more health issues.
Fad diets may help you lose weight fast, but as quickly as those pounds were shredded, they will be picked up again because it isn’t a long-term solution. There are, however, a good amount of healthy and properly researched diets. As said before, everybody is different, and these diets will cater to the overall accuracy of simplified categories. To find the correct diet for your body and goal, as well as it not being a fad diet, a few steps will need to be followed
- Includes exercise
- Includes portion control
- Allows healthy snacks between meals
- Based on science
- Includes maintenance plan
- Created by credentialed professional
- Little supplements
Tips For Weight Loss:
- Drink more water
- Eliminate Junk food
- Eat from varied food groups
- Avoid fried food
- Cut down on carbs
- Portion control
- Eat high fiber foods
- Don’t skip breakfast
- Incorporate cardio
- Track progress
- Try to eat protein with every meal
- Reduce alcohol intake
- Get 8 hours of sleep nightly
- Surrounding yourself with healthy food options
- Keep filling snacks at your disposal
One Last Bite
Losing 50 pounds in 3 months is definitely possible, of course, only if the correct approach is taken. Fad diets will make you lose a lot of weight fast but it is not sustainable. To ensure that the weight is kept off and lost in a healthy manner there are steps that need to be followed. Such as calculating your fat percentage to determine your calorie intake and then misusing 400-500 to promote weight loss.