Lemon perfect water is drunk by many people and is served routinely at restaurants. Lemons are a great way to add flavor and a citrus hint to drinks and food. They’re made in many delicious desserts and dishes and have been used outside the kitchen.
Are Lemons Good for Your Health?
Lemons are filled with many great properties and have been used for centuries in different ways to improve health. You can find many facial treatments, skincare, haircare, and dental hygiene products with lemon listed as a star ingredient.
Loads of people opt for a glass of lemon water above tea or coffee to start their day off, and with good reason. However, only having a single lemon wedge in an entire glass doesn’t quite have the full impact that a substantial amount of lemon juice mixed with water will have.
Lemons are known for their sour flavor and brightening ability, which is why it’s in many skin care products, and it lightens blemishes and marks.
Lemon Perfect Water Benefits:
Many are aware of all of their health benefits, they have tons of vitamins and other nutrients, and they should be a staple in everyone’s home as it’s an easy source of much-needed nutritional properties.
Benefits of Drinking Lemon Perfect Water
Water that has lemon squeezed into it has loads of wonderful properties and advantages for your body and mind.
Lemon water has, in more recent years, gained popularity, and many influencers and celebrities swear by it.
It’s a simple and easy change anyone can make to their diet and daily habits. Which will have massive impacts on your overall health.
Here are some of the benefits that lemon water has;
- Great source of vitamin C – citrus fruits, especially lemons, is filled with antioxidants that help to protect any of your cells against free radicals which cause harm and damage.
- Encourages hydration – it helps people to drink more water as it adds taste to it. Dehydration can cause many issues, such as kidney stones, constipation, brain fog, mood changes, and overheating. In more severe cases, a person’s organs can stop functioning properly, and this can lead to death.
- May help with weight loss – lemon water can help water intake, which will leave you fuller for longer. In addition, less overeating will occur.
- Alternative to sodas and sugary drinks – sugary drinks can lead to tooth decay, obesity, weight gain, kidney disease, heart disease, cavities, and gout. Lemon water can satisfy these cravings and be refreshing while also being good for you.
- Prevention of kidney stones – citrus can help prevent the development of kidney stones. Citrate, which is found in lemons, can help break up small stones and neutralize the urine’s pH balance.
- Helps with digestion – before eating a meal, one can help digestion by drinking lemon water beforehand. The citric acid found in lemons is known to help boost gastric acid secretion, which is what your body needs to digest and break down food.
Lemon Water Recipes
Lemon water tastes great on its own, and the citrusy flavor is refreshing and enjoyable, but there are certain ways you can step up this drink.
Many people aren’t fans of water in general because it’s bland and flavorless and even adding lemon water isn’t enough. This is why there are some great ways to take your lemon water to the next level without losing its health benefits.
Here are some simply and yummy recipes you can try at home to create lemon perfect water:
1. Cucumber and Lemon Water
This is a great drink for detoxing as well as hydrating as cucumber is one of the best sources of water.
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 large sliced lemon (rings)
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- Place cucumber and lemon in a pitcher or jug
- Fill with water
- Wait overnight or at least 6 hours before drinking for proper infusion
2. Warm Infused Honey and Lemon Water
Honey has wonderful healing properties and tastes great.
This recipe is especially good for those who don’t like the taste of water very much.
- ½ juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp of raw honey
- Pour boiling water into a mug and wait until slightly cooled down
- Add lemon juice and honey to mug and stir until fully mixed
- Enjoy your lemon perfect water!
3. Mint and Lemon Water
Mint is very refreshing and has a great taste. Lemon and mint together will leave you feeling energized and rebooted. This recipe is also great for preventing and fighting off nausea or upset stomachs.
Ingredients to lemon perfect water:
- 2 to 3 sprigs of Mint
- ½ juice of one lemon
- Fill a mug with boiling water
- Add lemon juice and mint
- Serve and drink hot
4. Cucumber Mint and Lemon Perfect Water
- Cucumber sliced into rings (about 5 inches of the cucumber)
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 mint sprigs
- Grab a pitcher and add all three ingredients
- Over with ice until halfway full
- Fill with water and let sit overnight for the best results or at least 2 hours
5. Lemon Cayenne Water
Cayenne is a wonder spice that helps with digestion, circulatory system function, and blood sugar. This is also a great drink for weight loss and detoxing.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/10 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 10 oz of purified water
- Can be drunk hot or cold. Use either a cup of cold water or a mug of hot water.
- Stir in all ingredients and enjoy
What to Avoid When Drinking Lemon Water
Although lemon water has an abundance of health benefits, there is such a thing as too much.
Overdoing anything can have negative effects, and this goes for lemon water too. It may be a shock that such a healthy drink can do harm, but too much of a good thing can be bad.
Here are fantastic was to drink but not overconsume too much lemon water which can negatively affect you:
- Cause enamel erosion on your teeth due to too much acid intake.
- Gastroesophageal reflux issues
Do not allow these simple things to deter you, as it is still a remarkable drink that should be added to your diet. Just remember – try not to overdo it, as there can be consequences.
It is safe to have 2 lemons a day in their entirety, and it is recommended that drinking about two to three glasses of lemon perfect water a day is the best way to avoid any unwanted problems.
When to Drink Lemon Perfect Water
Starting your day with a glass of warm or room temperature lemon perfect water will jump-start and boost your metabolism.
This means you’ll be able to digest food easier and have substantial energy levels for the day. You can also have a glass after a workout or when you feel you need an extra boost of hydration.
There are a lot of ways to drink lemon perfect water, and many nutritional ingredients can be added. Both hot and cold recipes can be drunk in the morning, but it is best to avoid drinking ice or fridge water first thing in the morning as it can be less effective than warmer water.
5 Best Lemon Perfect Water Recipes…
Lemon water is filled with many health benefits and is a definite must in your diet. There are plenty of ways to drink lemon water, and there is a recipe for everyone.