When it comes to the holiday of love, it can be easy to get caught up in what to do for your loved ones or what to get them! In this, we often look past the fact that we should be spoiling ourselves.
Let yourself know that it is okay! Be there for yourself, and don’t rely on anyone because you know what you need better than anyone. Whether you are single or in a relationship, you can stand alone and enjoy every moment of it!
Self-love does not always come naturally, and we need to learn to maintain a healthy relationship with ourselves. It should be prioritized alongside your partner. When you are alone, all you have is yourself. So, make it a pleasant experience. Carve time out to treat yourself and put as much attention in as you would with your partner.
Why is Romanticizing Yourself Important?
Romancing yourself is essential because it builds a healthy mental state. When we aren’t happy with ourselves, it reflects in our other personal relationships. No one said it is easy, especially if you have been used to putting yourself on the back burner. Just like any relationship, it will take time and effort. This, however, will be the most important relationship you will ever work on. This is not what anyone wants, especially around Valentine’s day. So make sure that you put just as much effort into making yourself feel special too!
To further understand this importance, here are a few reasons why you should romanticize yourself this valentines day:
- It improves your mental health
- It builds confidence
- It can help with your personal relationships
- Understanding yourself will make it easier for others
- It builds self-respect
- You will glow from the inside out
- You will be happier all around
- More self-esteem means more experiences
- It improves your quality of life
- It can be inspiring to those around you
- It’s good for your physical health
- You will always feel unique to someone, yourself
- You won’t feel neglected because you have your own best interest
- You’ll feel able to take risks and chances you wouldn’t usually take because you’ll believe in yourself
- You don’t have feelings of abandonment because you enjoy your own company
- You can teach others to love themselves
- Knowing who you are and what you want will lead to better decision making
- Everything feels like a blessing and not warranted
- Appreciation for the little things
- Appreciation for your body and how far you’ve come
- Respecting yourself will make it easier for others to respect you
- You’ll want your living environment to improve, which will lead to healthier living.
- Overall gratification
- It helps keep mental conditions in check, such as depression and anxiety
- Happier romantic relationship
- You will know and acknowledge yourself worth
- It enables you to feel secure
- It can help you understand why certain things in your life aren’t working or going the way you intended.
- Helps with outside stresses
- It helps you understand those around you who have bad relationships with themselves. They tend to make decisions and lash out because they do not have inner peace or self-awareness
- You can support your own decisions
- Always have someone to rely on
14 Ways You Can Practice Self-Love This Valentine’s Day
If you struggle with self-love and romanticizing yourself, you are not alone. People, especially women, often find that the stigma of self-love is selfish. This couldn’t be more wrong. Loving yourself has nothing to do with being selfish. Choosing yourself and looking after yourself and not just those around you can change your life. It is healthy to practice self-care and is recommended by many professionals because it aids in keeping mental illnesses and even health conditions at bay. Self-care and love aren’t just taking a bubble bath and reading a book. It is a way of life and should be prioritized. Here are a few ways that you can help you start loving yourself:
- Practice self-gratification. What are you grateful for that your body does?
- Don’t say yes when you want to say no.
- Make time in your day to focus on something that you want to do. Such as taking 15 minutes to stretch, catch up on social media, or just enjoy a good cup of coffee.
- Don’t please people for their sake.
- Write down what you like and don’t like.
- Don’t feel like you owe or are in debt to anyone. It is your life.
- Don’t be scared to do the things you want to. Go on that road trip or try that funky hairstyle.
- Show your partner what you like in the bedroom. It shouldn’t be a routine.
- Believe in yourself. Say you can think instead of you can’t if you haven’t even tried it yet.
- Work on your physical health for yourself.
- Have patience with yourself. You can only do what your mind and body can.
- Make peace with the things that keep you up at night.
- Enjoy every sip, bite, or pleasurable thing.
- Make sure you are up to your standards, no one else’s.
For You By You
We often forget to put on our masks before assisting others. The complications of neglecting yourself and not just physically can sometimes break us down. On the other hand, it can be life-changing to do the smallest things for yourself. Everyone is different, there is no competition, and what you do with your life is your choice alone.
For You By You – Spoil Yourself This Valentines Day!
Rose Teddy Bear:
“Beautifull handcrafted rose teddy bear – perfect for brightening up any space and romanticizing yourself this valentines day! Pick your favorite color: Red, Green, Pink, Purple, Blue, Green, and White. These expertly crafted soft rose bears are everlasting and eco-friendly!”
Gold Valentines Rose:
“Stunning decorative red and gold rose to leave you feeling like the queen you are! This 24K Gold rose, and resin coating with diamante detailing is enough to add an element of oomph to your home for many years to come!”
Eternal Rose Love Box:
“Real roses directly from an organic farm – preserved using non-toxic ingredients that will last for years to come. These red beauties are not only a beautiful decorative piece but are easily maintained since they can be placed wherever you like, with no water or sunlight needed. The perfect gift for yourself by yourself!”