Ginger-Lemongrass Broth is a Southeast Asian-inspired dish is a must for cold weather. This soup is best enjoyed in the winter months. It is jam-packed with vitamin C which can help ward off colds. With broccolini, silken tofu, lemon-grass broth, and delicious noodles it’s sure to become your go-to soup.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
- 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large white onion
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic. Peel and smash to resemble a paste
- 2 stalks of lemongrass. Crush with the back of a knife and cut into about 3-inch length pieces
- 3-inch piece of peeled ginger. Cut into thick ⅛ slices
- 1 cup of cilantro sprigs and about ½ cup for serving
- Whole chile of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce. Don’t forget to check ingredients for any allergens
- Himalayan or kosher salt
- White pepper compound
- 3 cups of chopped broccolini or Chinese broccoli to add more authenticity
- 8 ounces of rice noodles
- 1 cup of silken tofu. Cut into 6 pieces.
- Lemon wedges and fresh Thai basil for serving
- Combine the broth, 3 cups of water, onion, garlic, lemon-grass, ginger, cilantro, whole chile, and sugar into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes partially covered.
- Strain the broth and discard the solid ingredients.
- Stir in the fish sauce and season with salt.
- In a pot pour water and add salt. Bring to a boil and add broccolini. Cook until they’re crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a plate and add noodles to the same pot of water. Cook until al dente, roughly 3 to 4 minutes for rice noodles. Strain and set aside.
- Plate the noodles evenly in the serving bowls. Add the silken tofu and broccolini to the broth. Simmer for a few seconds then add to noodles.
- Garnish with the herbs, chile, and lemon wedges, and enjoy!
Note From Healthier Me Today
- Ginger-Lemongrass Broth is best enjoyed soon after being cooked.
- If you are preparing this for children, remove the chile or use a milder option.
- If you do not like tofu, you can substitute it with cooked and shredded chicken breasts. This will also add a great source of protein.
- If you cannot find rice noodles at your supermarket. Try an Asian food store.
Do you want to find more Healthier Me Today recipes, for a Healthier YOU?
Want to Make Delicious Broth at Home?
8-in-one Electric Cooker:
Hot Pot Spoon Fat Scraper:
Bare Bones – Bone Broth: