Birthday celebration recipes and how you can make this day special for everyone! Birthdays are special celebrations in anyone’s life, and they can be celebrated in a bummer of different ways, but more often than not, it’s done with some good food, family, and friends! Whatever your preference for celebration may be, their recipes can be indulged in a group or by yourself. Having a birthday party can be seen as a right of passage, and we tend to focus more on these elaborate celebrations when younger and for our young ones as it’s a time to show them how special you find them by giving them a fantastic day they will remember. However, as we age, we start to prefer smaller crowds and less pageantry. The big days such as sweet 16s and 21sts, are often always big deals, and with loads of people, there need to be loads of yummy snacks, but who wants to spend a small fortune on food for one day? Or spend endless hours in the kitchen prepping and cooking up feasts.
This is why you’ve got your back and listed some of the tastiest and easiest-to-make Birthday celebration recipes. They can be used for all ages and will please almost any palette! You can also put your twist on them if you’re feeling adventurous or prefer an alternative, but these recipes will be a recurring party item.
Sweet Treat Recipes
Most people have a sweet tooth, so having these treats mixed into the bunch will be a crowd pleaser for both children’s and adults’ Birthday celebration recipes parties! You may even make these for yourself as an indulgent snack to satisfy your sweet treat cravings.
Chewy Birthday Cake Flavoured Cookies
Not only are these cookies super cute looking, but they taste amazing! Running with the Birthday celebration recipes theme, they taste like delicious cakes in a colorful vanilla cookie form.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2⅔all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp of clear vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 cup golden Oreos (pieces)
- ½ cup of rainbow sprinkles
- ¼ cup crushed golden oreo (crumb)
- Add baking soda, salt, and sifted flour to a mixing bowl.
- Using a blender, take 4 Oreos and blend until they are crumbs. Take another 8 Oreos and break them up into pieces, or pulse 2 to 3 times with a blender. Set Oreos aside.
- In another bowl, beat together with a mixer of the butter, brown, and white sugar, have your mixer set on high speed for a min, then add egg yolk, egg, and vanilla. Mix again on high speed for another minute until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients from the first bowl and mix until properly combined. Lastly, add in the Oreos and rainbow sprinkles.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop large balls of cookie dough onto sheets making sure there are 6 scoops on each cookie sheet.
- Set in the fridge for around 20 minutes until cold. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Once cookies are cooled, put them in the oven and bake one sheet at a time. Bake for 15 minutes or until you see the edges are golden brown.
- Top cookies with extra oreo pieces and rainbow sprinkles. Let rest for 5 minutes and then transfer to the cooling rack.
These are a sweet twist on classic kabobs and are sure to be a hit. They’re fun, creative, unique, and also easy to eat! It’s a win-win for everyone.
- Mini doughnuts
- Assortment of fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Pound cake
- Colorful candy melts drizzle pack.
Note: purchase skewers or cake pop sticks.
- Skewer treats onto a stick in whichever order you choose but makes sure to leave enough room at the bottom for the handle.
- Follow the candy melts drizzle pack instructions.
- Lay skewers on parchment paper and decorate with candy melts, drizzle, and sprinkles.
- Let sit until stable enough to hold (around 10 minutes).
Rice Cereal Donut Treats
These treats will be a great addition to the next party you attend or for your own! The combination of smooth and silky is met with the crispy texture of your favorite rice cereal. What more could you ask for!
- 16 oz. of warm vanilla icing (naturally flavored)
- Your go-to crisped rice cereal treat recipe
Note: make sure you have a doughnut pan.
- Make your favorite crisped rice cereal treats, or follow the instructions on the box.
- Mould cereal treats into a doughnut pan and let them rest for around an hour.
- Once treats are set, decorate with icing using a spatula or piping bag.
- Decorate the top with colorful sprinkles.
Honey and Peanut Butter Truffles
A sweet treat with less guilt! These truffles are delicious, easy to plate, and also healthy. They’re perfect for all ages and events and will become a new favorite.
- ½ cup unsweetened peanut butter
- ¼ cup of oats
- ¼ cup of honey (or 3 tbsp if you want them less sweet)
- Pinch of salt
- ½tsb vanilla extract
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- Blend oats until they become a powdered form of flour (30-45 seconds)
- Stir together all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Roll the mixture into roughly 1-inch balls
- Roll and cover the peanut butter balls in the shredded coconut.
- Place on a tray and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.
To balance out the sweets and cakes, having scrumptious savory goodies is a must. These quick and easy snacks will perfectly cut through the sugar and leave you and your guests fully satisfied.
Bacon and Cheese Rolls
These are great warm and cold, which makes them perfect for snack platters and transportation. Pizza is a common favorite among many people, so what better snack than these mini pizza rolls!
- ½ quantity prepared pizza dough (homemade or bought)
- ¾ Sliced or diced fried bacon
- 1⅓ Cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- Knead dough until smooth and divide into 2 separate portions. Save one for another day.
- Roll dough out, so it’s an 8-inch by 12-inch rectangle.
- Add the cheese and bacon to the dough, sprinkling them on top.
- Roll the dough to form a long log ensuring the ingredients stay inside. Then cut into 8 parts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 356°F.
- Place the rolls roughly 1 inch away from one another and add a bit more cheese on top.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until the dough is fully cooked through.
Crunchy Macaroni and Cheese Balls
Everyone loves a good ol’ bowl of macaroni and cheese. It’s comfort food for many and a quick and easy meal. This recipe takes this classic to the next level and turns it into the perfect party food!
- Homemade or store-bought macaroni and cheese
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 1 ½ cup of panko crumbs
- Place the macaroni in the fridge and let it become firm. (3 to 4 hours)
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Scoop macaroni into 12 equal round balls.
- Coat one ball at a time in egg, then cover thoroughly in panko crumbs.
- Fry the macaroni balls in batches until golden brown. Set on paper towels to avoid oiliness.
Cheesy Mozzarella Sticks
These mozzarella sticks are great finger food and combine the cheesy, gooey goodness with a subtle and satisfying crunch.
- 16 string cheese cut lengths ways in half
- 1½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp milk
- Salt and pepper
- Get three bowls, place the flour into one, breadcrumbs with salt and pepper in the second, and eggs and milk in the other.
- Make sure the eggs and milk are mixed to light and fluffy.
- Dip the cheese sticks into flour, then the egg mixture, and lastly, the crumbs.
- Repeat the egg and crumb process once more.
- Place crumbed cheese sticks on a parchment-lined sheet.
- Freeze until solid (2 hours)
- Heat oil in a pot at 350°F and fry in batches until they are lightly golden brown.
Birthday Munchies – The Best Birthday celebration recipes
Birthday celebration recipes are a special time, and one of the best ways to celebrate is with good music, family, friends, and of course, food. These sweet and savory snacks will be great additions to these special days.