One fine day of surfing the internet, you might have come across the raging trend of lemon in lukewarm water. Is this another one of those random trends that someone comes up with, and it goes viral for no reason? To burst your bubble, that isn’t the case here!
Warm lemon water has tremendous benefits, and there are quite a few of them. It’s time to go on the hunt for lemons and get a glass of lukewarm water ready because, by the end of this article, this will replace your regular cup of joe as a morning ritual!
Getting Started on Warm Lemon Water
There’s no rocket science to making a glass of warm lemon water. All you’ve to do is pour some water into a glass. There’s no real fuss in using hot water. But, if you get your water the right amount of lukewarm, you’ve hit the jackpot. Squeeze one fresh lemon in it, mix it, and drink up.
It’s best to use fresh lemons rather than bottled lemon juice; remember, organic foods provide more benefits for your body than processed foods any day! Also, to get the most out of the warm lemon water routine, drink it early in the morning before you have breakfast or start your morning workout.
Why Add Warm Lemon Water to Your Morning Routine – 8 Benefits
Here’s the thing: lemon water’s health benefits aren’t just some casual hocus pocus revolving around the internet. Instead, these facts are backed up by science through extensive research! The following list includes all the ways lemon can help you shift to a healthier lifestyle:
- It’s a Detoxifier: Lemon water detoxifies your body in more ways than just one. Firstly, it flushes out the toxins in your digestive system all the way to the urinary tract. The more lemon water you drink, the healthier your digestive and urinary tract. It also promotes the production of bile, one of the primary tools for digestion. So grab a glass of lemon water in the morning and let your body do the rest.
- It’s a Booster for Your Immune System: It’s high time we start using “a mug of warm lemon water a day keeps the doctor away”. The vitamin C in this health drink bolsters your immunity and gives your defense system a better chance of keeping germs at bay. Moreover, it also prevents the onset of cancer and asthma, two of the world’s deadliest diseases. And to top it all, lemon water enhances healing better than anything else.
- It’s a Mediator for Your Body’s pH Levels: A slightly alkaline internal system is the worst possible thing for bacteria and viruses because they thrive under acidic conditions. Excessive intake of acidic foods is one of the reasons you get sick. While it may come off as surprising, lemons are alkaline in nature once they’re digested and can balance the acidity of the digestive system to keep you healthy and nourished.
- It’s a Natural Skincare Remedy: Vitamin C products have taken over the skincare industry by storm. Instead of spending hundreds of bucks on artificial chemical products, why not do your skin some good by increasing your daily intake of Vitamin C and getting clearer skin as a result. Acne, wrinkles, scars, blemishes; lemon water can gradually reduce their appearance and promote toxin-free blood to the skin.
- It’s an Energizer: Warm lemon water is not your average internet sensation. It’s the energy booster you need to start the day with without feeding your body unnecessary calories and sugar as with an energy drink. The vitamin C in lemon de-stresses your mind, provides energy that lasts throughout the day, and even improves your mood. Say goodbye to those grumpy, don’t-wanna-get-out-of-the-bed mornings that you’re never going to miss.
- It’s a Hydrator: If you often forget to drink the required eight glasses of water daily, lemon water in the morning will kick start this routine. Lack of adequate hydration causes numerous problems, and feeling tired is just the beginning.
- It’s a Weight Loss Mechanism: Don’t be mistaken; lemon water isn’t an immediate cure to lose all that extra fat on your body. As far as medical research shows, lemon water itself doesn’t make you lose weight, but the pectin fiber in it can reduce hunger cravings that lead to excess food intake.
- It’ll Get Rid of Bad Morning Breath: The bacteria residing in your mouth is an enabler of bad breath. Despite rigorous brushing twice a day, there might be tiny bacteria left behind, which causes the issue. Luckily, lemon water saves the day because the citric acid kills and washes these pathogens away.