Amazing Before and After Weight Loss transformations – and if they can do it, You can too!
While we enjoy our daily fix of Celeb news and gossip about what’s hot in Hollywood, we tend to forget that we are watching our favorite celebrity caught in their’ front of camera mode’. Usually, they benefit from being professionally styled, groomed, and even scripted. However, once they go home, they are ordinary people with similar anxieties, insecurities, and health concerns. Sure, having extra money or sponsorship to pay personal trainers and nutritionists helps, but they still have to do the hard work, precisely like us.
The Biggest Losers are the Biggest Winners – Is Your Favourite Celebrity Listed Below?
It is the most exhilarating sense of accomplishment to look down at that cold, critical scale and see the needle has gone down. You’re doing it. You are shedding those ponds, just like these celebrities that did it and did it BIG!
Shonda Rhimes – Before and After Weight Loss:
The 52-year-old American television producer (Greys Anatomy, Bridgerton), screenwriter, and author shed a massive 117 pounds. Shonda was motivated to lose the excess weight when she realized how unhealthy and unfit she had become, that just walking up a short flight of stairs left her completely breathless. At that moment, she knew she needed to get healthier, which meant slimmer.
“I work hard – that’s how I succeed. That’s how anyone succeeds. So why in the world did I think weight loss would be any different?”
How you can use some of Shonda Rhime’s weight loss tips for yourself:
- Start by visiting your Medical Practitioner. This way, you will know exactly how your health is and your starting point. Your blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, and weight can be charted, plus your Medical Practitioner can give you helpful advice and guidelines for your specific needs and monitor your progress.
- Get Moving! Start small, such as a walk around your block or in a local park if you have one. You could even just let your hair down and dance to a few of your favorite songs. As soon as possible, find an exercise plan that you enjoy and can commit to, whether it is Pilates or Kickboxing.
- Listen to, and pay attention to, Your body. Just because it is traditionally breakfast time, that does not mean you have to eat if you are not hungry. Another idea that Shonda Rhimes believes vehemently is to not take any food out of bound eat moderately, with smaller portions. Have your favorite chocolate bar. Buy a mini size, not an extra-large size! Don’t panic. You’ll adjust very quickly when you start feeling lighter and healthier.
- Drink more water. Shonda now drinks about eight glasses a day, and she maintains that even the quality of her skin has improved. Another pro tip is to have a glass of water when you feel peckish. Sometimes you are just thirsty, fact!
If these ideas sound good to you, then give them a go. As Franklin D. Roosevelt said,” Nothing to fear but fear itself.”
Adel Laurie Blue Adkins – Before and After Weight Loss:
MBE is an English 33-year-old singer and songwriter who lost 100 pounds! She is currently one of the best-selling music artists, having sold over 120 million records. During the first CoronaVirus lockdown, Adele stayed home with her son Angelo, homeschooling him, playing with him, and just enjoying being his Mum. This led her to think about her health and how her excess weight could be detrimental. As a result, she was motivated to get healthy and slimmer for her young son!
This is how Adele lost her weight:
- Adele had already begun to cut down on her alcohol and unhealthy eating while spending time with Angelo.
- She chose the Sirtfood Diet and is still currently following it.
- This is quite a complex eating plan to describe its science in-depth. For this article, suffice to say it’s a lot, and I repeat, a lot of green juice to kick start the diet, plus an additional 1000 calories per day. The upside is that you will get glowing skin and healthy, shiny hair as a surprise bonus.
- The diet is based on increasing your consumption of sirtuin-rich food, with the science showing that sirtuin activators move your stored fat and generate enough energy in your body to burn the fat. In addition, it is surmised that they have anti-aging benefits and that all sounds pretty great. So what can you eat?
- Tofu and other soy products
- Strawberries, Black Currants, and Blueberries
- Miso soup
- Olives and Capers
- Parsley and Turmeric
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
On the pro side of this diet, many have additional health-giving properties, such as Turmeric for anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, blueberries and Green Tea are known to have antioxidant properties. However, there are a few unfortunate cons to be aware of. More research still needs to be done on this eating plan for one, plus there is accurate concern that this diet does not have a healthy balance of other food groups such as protein, for example, which could leave you with malnutrition. If this diet does interest you, it is recommended that you meet with a Medical Practitioner and Nutritionist first to create a plan suited for your specific dietary requirements or discuss using this diet as a short-term measure, to get you going. Then, ask all the questions you need.
Here are three additional tips from Adele’s weight loss that you could implement while doing further research:
- Cut out cigarettes (I know, but it is good advice)
- Cut out all caffeine drinks and switch to sparkling water or Green Tea.
- In Adele’s own words – “I used to cry, now I sweat,” meaning, work out hard, really motivate yourself and set goals for your exercise program, make yourself an emoji sticker chart if it helps, do whatever it takes to get you to be where you want to be
Khloe Kardashian – Before and After Weight Loss:
Age 37 – Khloe is an American media personality, socialite, model, and Mother. Khloe lost 60 pounds within six months of giving birth to True (Her child). And it’s staying off this time! Khloe wanted to lose her “pregnancy” weight and keep it off, She was never a tiny girl, and she knew from the onset of her journey that she would have to alter her eating plan in conjunction with a strenuous workout! Khloe wanted the gorgeous body, and she was prepared to work for it. Could you tackle Khloe Kardashian’s diet and workout plan? Let’s take a look.
- Khloe did have Dr. GOGlia helping her, which meant she was on a low-carb diet. So that’s no doughy puddings, yummy pasta, bread, and sugary foods.
- She fuelled up on protein and fiber-rich foods, snacked on fruit, and ate oatmeal and eggs if she was hungry. Khloe also does not believe in going hungry, as she says this is counter-productive to maintaining an eating plan long-term.
- Lunch could be a four-ounce piece of grilled chicken breast and half a portion of a simple starch.
- Vegetables such as beets, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, and romaine are all excellent choices for salad as they are high in iron.
- Afternoon and early evening snacks may include fruit, almond, or cherry tomatoes.
- Dr. Goglia recommended fish such as salmon, sea bass, or black cod three times a week for dinner.
- Khloe’s workout regime is quite intense and includes daily indoor cycling, obstacle, circuit training, and hot yoga.
Khloe Kardashian feels anyone can lose the weight they need to, even if they need help initially. So here are a few of her suggestions for you to try at home:
- First, use a pedometer to get you to start walking more steps.
- Keep water infused with lemon, cucumber, strawberry, or any fruit you like in your fridge and drink this instead of sodas and other caffeine drinks.
- If you are going out with friends, keep your alcoholic drinks to two and then switch to sparkling water – the healthy champagne!
- Khloe does recommend that you pay for a professional trainer to set you up, give you personalized guidelines, set your goals, and get you started;
Time for you to save those pennies, book your trainer, and work out Kardashian style – look at you – soon on your way to being all sculpted and lean!
This would not be complete without a few honorable mentions of our other notable celebrities who have made themselves healthy and proud while wowing us with their incredible weight loss:
- Meghan Trainer twenty pounds
- Jennifer Hudson eighty pounds
- Melissa McCarthy fifty pounds
- Ree Drummond forty-three pounds
- Ricky Gervais twenty-two pounds
- Kelly Osborne eighty-five pounds
- Ayesha Curry, thirty-five pounds
- Jonah Hill forty pounds
Much respect to everyone who embarks on a journey for weight loss and improved health, whatever their motivation. Congratulations to our beloved celebrities who have to do it under scrutiny and amid media hype and paparazzi!