The Story of Angela Deem Weight Loss! The A-Z on what you need to know to achieve these results too!
‘I felt like I would have died without the weightloss’ Angela Deem
Who is Angela Deem?
- Angela Deems is a Reality Tv and Film star; a Social Media Influencer and Model
- She found international fame for being part of the TLC Network franchise 90 Day Fiancé Series
- Fans from all over the world follow all of Angela’s exploits, especially her dramatic weight loss and new healthy look.
- Angela Kaye Deem was born on 9 December 1965 in Hazelhurst, Georgia, United States of America. A 1.7m tall blond Sagittarian, she knew that she wanted to live an extraordinary life from a young age.
- Her first job was in a clinic, but she soon set up her own business, an online clothing store, ‘Angela Deem Store’, proving her determination, courage and focus that would later help her through the challenges of weight loss and lifestyle changes.
What Motivated her to Lose 90lbs in a Year?
- Angela Deem has two children and six grandchildren who she adores and spends a lot of time with. Angela states that her prime motivation for losing weight was to live a healthy, active life and to have as much time with her family as possible.
‘I couldn’t even walk in the grocery store with the kids to get groceries. I was out of breath.’
- Throughout the airing of 90-day Fiancé, she received a lot of negative heckling from the paparazzi for her large size. Angela had always been a large lady and had unsuccessfully tried numerous diets, eating plans, and exercise routines. She wanted to dance and play with her grandchildren, to be healthy and full of energy and life. That was her goal.
A Controversial Decision
The attention given to her dramatic 90lbs weight loss has been tremendous. Finally, Angela Deem decided that she had had enough, she had tried everything, and she felt the surgical intervention was her lost hope.
Michael, Angela’s husband, and her family had doubts about her decision. Every surgery carries with it a certain amount of risk, and weight loss surgery may occasionally result in long-term health issues. However, Angela consulted with her medical doctor. She decided that this was the best route for her to achieve the slim, healthy, fit, and youthful life she yearned for despite her family’s objections and concerns.
Angela Deem Weight Loss Surgical Journey
‘I don’t want to die because of my weight’ Angela Deem
Surgery does carry risks, which is why Angela’s Doctors implemented a pre-operative program to lower her blood pressure and reduce her smoking, amongst other measures such as having a care practitioner to advise on diet and what to expect throughout the process.
She then traveled to Beverly Hills, where she underwent five-prong surgeries, including:
- Breast Reduction
- Cosmetic Reconstruction
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Gastric sleeve surgery is known as a procedure where the surgeon creates a narrow sleeve by stapling the stomach vertically and removing the stomach’s more significant, curved part. This allows the patient to eat smaller meals with fewer calories, leading to weight loss and weight maintenance.
Liposuction is considered a surgical procedure that uses a suction technique to remove fat from specific areas of the body, such as:
- Hips, thighs, and buttocks
- Neck and arms
Liposuction also shapes and contours these areas.
All of Angela’s surgeries were a success. Her recovery took three long months that were at times uncomfortable and painful, but she persevered!
Life After Surgery…
Angela Deem is the first to admit that she had never really loved what she calls ‘ Diet Food’, especially salads, smoothies (with Green smoothies still her worst to this day!), and drinking water. However, she knew that she had to change her lifestyle and eating habits as the surgery had only begun.
Using all of her determination and willpower, she began by removing the following from her diet – is this what kickstarted Angela Deem’s Weight loss:
- All food with a high-fat content
- All food and drinks
- With a high sugar content
- Processed Food
Replacing them with smaller portion sizes and eating:
- Organic food
- Protein-rich food
- Smoothies (her current favorite is Mango, watermelon, and pineapple)
- Antioxidant enriched weight loss Gummies
Angela Deem has recently been seen with Natasha Fett, a very high profile Personal Trainer; Nutritionist; Physical Therapist, and Personal Chef. Natasha Fett has worked with celebrities such as Mathew McConaughey and Fergie, to name but a few.
With all the surgeries a success, Natasha Fett by her side plus her determination to succeed, Angela Deem, one year on from the beginning of her weight loss journey, is confident, glowing, and living her best life!
Is the Angela Deem Weight Loss Surgery Right For You?
There is a lot of debate regarding surgery for weight loss, with many diverse opinions. Most Medical Practitioners advise surgery only as a ‘last resort’ solution – when all else has been tried and failed, or if it is considered urgent ( Angela Deem had developed weight-related respiratory issues).
Here are a few facts for you to consider When Looking at Angela Deem Weight Loss:
It is not an inexpensive option. The costs for Doctors; Specialists, surgeons; Pre and Postoperative care; Hospital stay, to list a few, add up to a significant sum of money or drain on your Health Insurance if they cover it.
Bear in mind that Angela Deem did not personally pay all her costs. The TLC Network covered a significant amount in exchange for content coverage, plus the Beverly Hills Clinic waived costs as a form of promotion agreement.
- Recovery may be slow and uncomfortable.
- It may take up to three months before you can eat solid food regularly
- Eating habits, including portion and calorie control, have to be learned
Long term side effects such as:
- Stomach perforation
- Low blood sugar
If you feel that this is the solution for you, your Health Care Practitioner can discuss the pros and cons of your situation. You always have the right to decide what is best for You. Write down why you want it done, how it will improve your sense of self and your life, and ask every question you can think of, even if it seems silly. Then be bold and take that first step, make that appointment and start the journey to YOUR best life!
What Can I Do While I am Still Deciding…
Most Doctors still believe that burning calories and including some physical activity in your life is the best long-term solution. To lose weight in this way does take time, energy, and commitment, but its effectiveness is unmatched. In addition, the mind-body sync and sense of goal accomplishment you develop are a massive plus of losing weight through diet and exercise.
What Options Do I have – Angela Deem Weight Loss
Weight loss, diets, healthy lifestyle changes, and starting to exercise can seem SO daunting that you almost feel exhausted and filled with despair before you even begin.
While you are deciding if you would like to follow Angela Deems weight loss Surgery plan, here are a few fun things to consider adding to your day:
- Pick a song that makes you feel happy, a blue skies summer happy, and load it onto your phone in the evening. The following day, before anything else, or while the kettle boils, play your song and walk, dance, or skip around the inside of your house or even just the living room and kitchen.
- Drink a glass of water
- Walk around your car once before you get in. Get creative and add something different each day. The plan is to start moving…
- If you ride in a lift – walk one flight of stairs first, only one, for now. Buy a simple pedometer and increase your steps daily
- Make sure to take a proper lunchtime. Look at your food, the different colors, and textures. Chew slowly and notice the other flavors. Add a glass of water and sip slowly. Take a five-minute walk. Breathe.
- Sneak off for a ten-minute afternoon break. If you can, do five-star jumps/jumping jacks, or just windmill your arm, get private and do a funny full-body dance, wiggle, laugh. Breathe. Drink a glass of water.
- At the end of the day, take a brisk 5-minute walk before you go into your home. Leave the working day behind. Breath and drink a glass of water. Stretch slowly before bed, turn your tech off and sleep.
Believe in your dreams, your goals, and yourself! There is help for you and your weight loss goals. You can achieve your dreams.