Mother’s day card messages are such a great way to show someone how much they mean to us. However, sometimes we’re stuck for words. No need to worry. Below we’ve compiled a list of messages to write on the card, so you are able to put those feelings into words.
Simple Mother’s Day Messages
Although your love is big, your message doesn’t need to be. A short but sweet message can mean just as much. Take a look at these simple messages to write on her card.
- You hold a uniquely special place in my heart. I’m so thankful to have you as a mother.
- I’m forever proud to call you my mom.
- Right from the start, you were my biggest supporter. Thank you for giving me a world of love and everything I needed.
- Now that I’m grown, I’m not just grateful for you—I admire you.
- Raising me might have taken a lot of patience, I know. Thanks for never giving up on me!
- Mother, you sacrificed so that I could rise. I need for you to know I see that, and I appreciate it.
- With love from the luckiest kid in the world.
- Sorry if I drove you crazy sometimes. You know it’s only because I love you!
- You’re not just my mom. You’re my friend. You’re everything to me.
- For all that you do and all that you are, we love you with all our hearts.
- You’re the best, and we feel so blessed to have you!
- Mother, your love always speaks to each of us in just the way we need.
- Thank you, my beautiful mother, for making home the happiest place to be.
- Mom, you’re the glue that holds this family together.
Funny Mother’s Day Messages
If you and your mother display love through humour, these funny mother’s day messages are for you! Make her laugh by writing one of these funny messages on her mother’s day card.
- Mom, I was amd forever am lucky enough to inherit your mind and your sense of humour. I keep hoping I’ll get your lie-detector superpower, too!
- Happy Mother’s Day from your favourite child. (It’s okay, I haven’t told the others.)
- Roses are red. Violets are blue. I brought you this Mother’s Day card… would you mind if I go and raid the fridge, once more?
- Should I ever be so lucky to win the lottery, I’m totally making sure you get all the overtime pay you so greatly deserve for being our family’s taxi driver, on-call nurse, personal shopper, and referee.
- One day a year to recognize a job that gets no days off a year? Get in the car, Mother… We’re unionizing.
- Mom, I am forever thankful that you didn’t decide to have me adopted.
- I’m so grateful for your love and also the fact that you have never shared my bath-time pictures on social media.
- Happy Mother’s day. Thank you for being cheaper than therapy.
- I hope this Mother’s day will be more pleasant than the labour was.
- Bet you’re happy to be the mom of such an awesome child.
- No matter how old I get, I promise to always interrupt you.
- Must be nice being the centre of attention. Don’t get used to it.
- Mother, take today to put your feet up and relax. The housework can wait until tomorrow.
- As a mother’s day gift, I did the dishes for you. Or, well, the dog did. I just packed them away.
- You used to wipe my butt as a baby. When you’re old, I promise to pay someone to wipe yours.
Famous Quotes to Write in a Mother’s Day Card
There are many famous people that know exactly what to say. Sometimes they have the perfect quotes to explain how you’re really feeling. Suppose you’re looking to use a famous quote as the Mother’s Day card message but can’t think of the right one. Take a look below at possible quotes that have a lot of meaning.
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother” – Abraham Lincoln. (Victor Hugo – A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and…. https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/victor_hugo_384365)
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them” – Victor Hugo. (A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children …. https://www.quotes.as/quote/authors/victor-hugo/q104679/a-mothers-arms-are-made-of-tenderness-and-childre)
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” – Rudyard Kipling. (https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/163610-god-could-not-be-everywhere-and-therefore-he-made-mothers)
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” – Mahatma Gandhi.
- “Everything I am you helped me to be” – Unknown. (https://www.etsy.com/market/everything_i_am_you_helped_me_to_be)
- “My mother, she is beautiful, softened at the edges, and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her” – Jodi Picoult. (https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/16945-my-mother-she-is-beautiful-softened-at-the-edges-and)
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power” – Maya Angelou. (https://alphonsineanderson.com/2013/04/13/to-describe-my-mother/)
- “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.”
Mother’s Day Messages For Your Stepmom
Many of us come from blended families. This doesn’t mean we love our step-parents any less. Take a look below at possible messages to write inside a card for your stepmom.
- You didn’t have to fall in love with us when you fell in love with our Dad, but we’re so glad you did. We love having you as a stepmom.
- You’re the best “bonus mom” in the world. Thanks for putting up with our dad.
- You weren’t the first Mom I loved, but I can gladly say you will be the last. I’m so thankful to have you in my life.
- You have never been a replacement mom. Just a mom at a place where I needed it most. I thank you for that.
- You have proven to me that stepmoms aren’t all evil. You’ve also made sure I don’t kiss any frogs. Thanks for that.
- When I met you, I had my doubts. Thanks for proving me wrong. I love having you as my stepmom.
- Thanks for being such a great stepmom. Can we have Pizza for dinner?
Our Ending Message
Whatever you decide to write in your message, we’re sure that your mom will love it. If you and your mother have an intricit relationship based on humour, our funny messages will surely make her laugh. So show your appreciation this Mother’s Day by making her a personalized card signed by her favourite child.