This delightful Apple-Cider Doughnut Cake will give you tons of flavor with none of the guilt! Often, we steer clear of desserts to avoid gaining a few extra pounds. This dish will satisfy your sweet tooth with less of the calories from a conventional cake. It’s guaranteed to become a new favorite for the whole family.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Total time||2 hours 35 minutes|
|Yields||1 10-inch cake|
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted. Plus more for the Bundt pan.
- 2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour and more for the Bundt pan.
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ kosher salt
- 1 ¾ cups natural cane sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large room temperature eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Butter and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan, set aside.
- Get a large bowl and whisk together the wheat flour, unbleached all-purpose flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk to combine the 1 ½ cups sugar, apple-cider, extra-virgin olive oil, applesauce, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Once fully combined add mixture to the other bowl of ingredients. Mix together until smooth.
- Add batter to the prepared Bandt dish.
- Bake in the oven and rotate for about 45 – 50 minutes. Use a tester stick in the center and if it comes out clean, take the cake out.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack. Make sure to place a rimmed baking sheet below the rack. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
- While the cake cools down, combine the remainder ¼ sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Place a cake warmer onto the cooling rack. Brush melted butter over the cake and dust generously with the sugar and cinnamon mix.
- Let it completely cool down and enjoy!
Notes From Healthier Me Today
- The Apple-Cider Doughnut Cake can be stored at room temperature for two days. Make sure to have it covered.
- This is a great healthy alternative to the heavier grain and sugar desserts out there.
- You can serve it with tinned peaches or other fruit and whip cream if you’d like to be a little naughty.