Whether for breakfast or altered for a hearty lunch, this take on the well-known English muffin only aids in keeping this dish’s name a brilliant go-to snack or treat. With your choice of topping, why not try something a little different with an original classic as a base and a new age twist of cheese and other pizza staples.
|Total time||15 minutes|
- 1 split English muffin
- Softened unsalted butter
- Marinara sauce
- Sliced Fresh mozzarella
- Sea salt
- Dried oregano
- Fresh basil for serving
- Pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400F°/200C°. Place the halves of the muffin facing upwards on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Smear generously with butter.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Evenly spread on the Marinara sauce and add the mozzarella.
- Bake until the cheese is just melted, roughly 6 minutes.
- Take out and add the seasoning, halved pepperoni, and basil and enjoy!
Notes From Healthier Me Today
- You can substitute the mozzarella for whatever cheese you have at home to create a delicious English muffin.
- An English muffin is a great snack or lunch idea for children – it’s also the perfect snack to pack in for school.
- You can add avocado or baby spinach for a healthier option.
- You can use Rao’s or Ragù for the Marinara sauce.