Romantic Valentine’s Party Ideas: Valentine’s Day is an opportunity to spend the day making our loved ones feel special. It’s the time of the year when stores put on their best love displays and simply go all-out. How can you not feel the romantic spirit being surrounded by hearts and plush toys?
Many of us can get caught up in trying to plan the perfect day. It can be pretty stressful. However, there are out-of-the-box ideas that can make planning fun. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be conventional. It’s a day in which love is celebrated, in whichever way you feel fit. So get creative and spend the day doing what you love!
Why Throw a Valentine’s Day Party?
Throwing Valentine’s Day party provides the opportunity to spend the day with all your loved ones at once. The common conception of how Valentine’s Day should be spent is going on a romantic date with red roses and a heart-shaped box of chocolates. But, as sweet as this sounds, it isn’t a must.
Celebrating this day can come in many shapes and forms. Unfortunately, not everyone is in a relationship or is a fan of the conventional ways the day should be spent. This is why creating your definition of Valentine’s Day can make it even more special.
Hosting a party can take away the dread and pressure of the day. It can be enjoyed by all the people you hold dear. It’s also a way to show everyone how much they mean to you all in one sitting.
Preparing For The Party
Preparing for any party can be exciting but a little stressful at the same time. That is why it’s always good to plan ahead. Writing down all the items you will need can help make it easier. It also ensures that you won’t forget anything! So make sure there are no last-minute trips to get ice by following these guidelines we’ve created:
- Firstly, make a guest list: This can help you see how many people you’re catering for.
- Make sure to design invitations or inform your guests ahead of time.
- Decide on a theme: Although it is Valentine’s Day, there are a lot of variations when it comes to romance.
- Make a note of any allergies your guests may have: No one wants to spend Valentine’s Day in the hospital!
- If you have people helping you, then assign roles: For example, someone can take charge of the snacks and another the music. This will help with diversity as well and introduce new ideas. Not to mention lessen the load for yourself.
- If you plan on ordering any items, especially online, make sure you do it ahead of time. Check the delivery date to ensure it arrives before and not after the day!
- Gather the decorations you’ll need as well as any crafting tools. If you plan to make any of the decorations yourself, first do a test trial. Remember, practice makes perfect.
- If you are hosting it at your home, ensure enough space: Although it’s a day to be close to your loved ones, do so without being cramped together.
- It may not be the Christmas holiday but still, check your list twice! Going over your list can help point out things you’ve forgotten or help ensure that you’ve gotten everything you need.
- Don’t forget odds and ends: Often we focus on the aesthetic and forget about functionality. Provide adequate utensils, seating, toiletries, and so on.
- If children are allowed, consider them: Cater to their pallets and provide entertainment for them.
- Make sure to take a step back now and again: It’s meant to be fun, so don’t put too much pressure on yourself!
Is a Party Better Than a Date?
As a couple going on a nice romantic date can be ideal. If you would rather spend the day intimately with your partner, then that’s okay. However, some people prefer to add more company to their Valentine’s Day.
Whether you are more family-oriented or would prefer a break from everyday life, make sure that it’s still a day of appreciation and love. Those who are more of a romantic will generally prefer a one-on-one with their other half. However, if you have a big family and children, then opting for a get-together can be just as memorable. Everyone has their definition of love.
If you are single, throwing a party for your friends will be a great idea! This way, you still spend time with your loved ones and celebrate Valentine’s spirit. It all comes down to preference and what you think will make your loved ones feel special.
10 Valentine’s Party Ideas
Parties can come in an array of different options. Also, having different intentions. Throwing a party for your family compared to one for your friends can be quite different. However, if you mix the two, make sure that everyone feels comfortable and included! Here are 14 Valentine’s Day party ideas that will ensure everyone has fun:
- Gameday: Collect all the romantically related games you can. If you come up short, adjust the ones you have to fit the theme.
- Secret Valentine: With the same rules being applied from secret Santa, let everyone pick out of a vessel and purchase a Valentine’s Day-themed gift for the person they picked.
- Memory lane: Have pictures and items of special memories you have with everyone at the party. Have them bring some mementos too. Being surrounded by precious memories can make you feel all the love.
- Dress up: Have a dress code. Make sure it coincides with the theme.
- Potluck: This is a great way to experience new tastes. Have your guests bring a dish that reminds them of the feeling of love.
- Have a dinner party at a restaurant: Take everyone on a romantic date at once. Just make sure you split the bill!
- Pajama party: Everyone wears their favorite pajamas, provides movie night snacks, and has classical romantic comedies playing in the background.
- Picnic: Plan a romantic picnic with a variety of tasty food and comfortable seating. Choose a good spot to increase the Valentine’s Day spirit.
- Cupcake decorating: Provide a wide variety of icing and decorations. Get a bunch of plain cupcakes and have your guests get creative.
- Photobooth: Make it even more memorable by creating a beautiful backdrop and getting an instant camera for immediate keepsakes.
Celebrate The Love
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to only be for couples. Instead, spend the day celebrating all your loved ones. Having everyone you care about in one room is enough to make anyone’s heart burst!
Celebrate The Love – Gift Ideas
Memory Explosion Box:
“At first glance, this may look like a simple box, but at soon as it’s opened, this box will reveal a multilayered card. With 8 styles of magic cards, 12 agency cards, and 3 color options, you will surely be compiling this extraordinary box with items your valentine will love!”
Rose Ring Box:
“You may be no stranger to the fact that on the day of love, lovers love declaring their love for each other. There may be no better way to do this than with a rose-filled engagement ring box! With 5 color and style options available, you can customize your engagement experience even more.”
Romantic Custome 3D Lamp:
“Celebrate this valentines day by sharing a practical and customized gift perfect for men and women – not only will it brighten up a room, but it will definitely brighten up the face of your valentine. Customed line drawing with a solid wood stand!”