Anxiety can be crippling and debilitating. It can sneak up on you when you least expect it and last for hours, days, and even weeks. With anxiety, an individual can feel unmotivated, sad, lonely, and even depressed. In this, anxiety in the modern age has become harder to escape with so many of the pressures of the outside world. From social media, to work, to family, relationships, money worries, and more, now more than ever individuals are battling anxiety. In this, we want to share our 10 healthy ways to cope with anxiety.
Before We Begin
Before we begin, we want to mention that none of the ways we are going to share with you are to replace the treatments of any health care provider or your primary doctor. In this, if you feel you may be prone to anxiety, contact your doctor!
10 Healthy Ways To Minimize Anxiety
- Keep Physically Active – When it comes to anxiety, it starts in the mind and then slowly seeps into the body, causing a crippling sensation that lowers your ability to function and perform daily tasks. With this, keeping physically active is important and may help boost your mood. In fact, physical activity such as working out releases endorphins that can minimize anxiety and boost your sense of well-being.
- Avoid Alcohol & Recreational Drugs – When coping with anxiety, there are certain triggers that can enhance and make your anxiety stronger. For instance, alcohol and recreational drugs can alter your state of mind and well-being, which can severely increase your feeling of anxiety.
- Relaxation Techniques – There are many different relaxation techniques that an individual can dive into when they feel they have anxiety or anxiety is creeping in. For instance, you can use an anxiety coloring book, which has specific instructions to help you relax your mind and focus on coloring, instead of the many thoughts around your anxiety. Other relaxation techniques can be walks in nature, drinking tea, cooking, and watching funny comedy shows.
- Yoga – Yoga can center you and help you calm your mind. With specific stretches and yoga poses and individual can minimize anxiety by focus on their body instead of the many thoughts that creep in. Yoga, much like physical activity releases endorphins and can boost your mood and sense of well being.
- Eat Healthy Foods – There are specific foods that can help boost your mind , especially alkaline foods and vegetables. In this, feeding your body the nutrients that it needs to stay healthy can minimize your anxiety. Fruits and vegetables will give you a feeling of achievement by feeding your body what it needs to maintain balance and a healthy diet!
- Keep A Journal – A journal may be one of the best ways to manage and understand your anxiety. Not only will a journal help you release the many thoughts you may have during an anxiety attack, but can also help you discover triggers by keeping a log of your anxiety worries and issues. In this, an individual can better understand when anxiety may occur and how to better manage it.
- Talk To A Professional – Without a doubt, the most effective method when it comes to combating anxiety is to talk to a professional. A professional can help you better diagnose and treat your anxiety in a healthy way that will fit your lifestyle. In this, a professional can also help you when it comes to feeling alone and give you solutions to ensure that your anxiety does not get the best of you!
Combating Anxiety & How To Cope
There is nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to coping with anxiety. In fact, now more than ever individuals are finding different techniques and methods to cope with the problems and situations of the real world. In this, always discuss your anxiety with your healthcare provider to better find a treatment and solution plan for you!